Some Sample Images from 8mm F1.8 Fisheye PRO

17 Comments
I had quite a blast shooting with the Olympus M.Zuiko 8mm F1.8 Fisheye lens and I am excited to share the photographs and write my review of the lens here. However, as I was about to start to compose my blog entry yesterday evening it was already very late. 

Nevertheless, I feel strongly to share at least a few photographs taken with the lens before I publish my full review. What I can say now about the lens is that the F1.8 bright aperture is really something interesting to have on a fisheye lens, and it was a joy using something so wide and so different for a change in my shutter therapy sessions. 













17 comments:

  1. Great images as usual. Looking forward to reading the full review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I wish I could just run away from work and write up this review!

      Delete
  2. Awesome pics Robin! I've never tried shooting with a fish eye lens before. So I'm looking forward to reading your full review and perhaps pick one up. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fisheye is not a popular lens but in some situations it can create some really unique visuals!

      Delete
  3. Wow. Nice.very good image quality.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful pictures and I am looking forward to read your review.
    I think I need this one ;)
    Have a nice day
    Halina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing pictures, as usual Robin. Too rich for my blood though (just got the 75mm and 25mm!), so I will stick to my cheapie Pentax Q fisheye that cost $80. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! But the olympus fisheye is one of a kind. F1.8, the one and only.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. Haha I know! Perhaps in the future after I get more comfortable shooting with Fisheye lenses. :)

      Delete
  6. Hey, fish eye on the third pic - that's the sense of humor :) Nice colours. This was taken with E-M5 II? Greetings

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha! Yes, the third pic - too funny!! :) Can't wait for the full review!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Did you correct for Chromatic Aberration? I've read that it's too much but I don't see it in your photos. I've made a pre-order.

    ReplyDelete
  9. An another topic. Robin, could you do a review of Olympus 14-150mm II? I would appreciate it very much.

    ReplyDelete
  10. If you could get only one would you get this one or the 7-14mm? They both seem excellent.

    ReplyDelete